Wed. May 31st, 2023

Arctic Storm Emergency Shelter Information and Public Health Advisory.  Click here to read more.
Douglas County offices will close at noon Friday, Dec. 23, and  closed Monday, Dec. 26, 2022 in observance of the Christmas Holiday.  Many services are available online at

About the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
The Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) helps low-income households in Colorado purchase food. It provides a monthly benefit that helps families and individuals buy the food they need for good health. The benefit is provided based on income, resources and the number of individuals in the household. Electronic Benefit Transfer (EBT)cards are used to access the benefit and can be used similar to debit cards at participating food stores. Individuals, couples and families may qualify if they meet the income and other eligibility criteria.
Need to apply for SNAP? You can apply for Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) and other programs by visiting Colorado PEAK to apply online.
Our office is located at 4400 Castleton Court, Castle Rock, CO 80109. Our office ours are 8:00am until 5:00pm, Monday through Friday. EBT cards can be picked up at our office between the hours of 8:00am and 4:30pm or they can  be mailed.
For additional questions, please contact our office at 303-688-4825.
During the COVID-19 pandemic, Congress authorized Emergency Allotments to help meet food needs. These Emergency Allotments are temporary and will be ending soon, decreasing the total amount of benefits each month for SNAP households in Colorado.
SNAP emergency allotments are ending because the State and Federal COVID-19 emergency declarations will be ending soon. Colorado was approved to issue additional SNAP benefits due to the State and Federal emergency declarations that
were in place.
There is nothing the state or counties can do to extend the emergency benefits after the end of the State and Federal emergency declarations.
For more information please visit the Colorado Department of Human Services.
We anticipate a 60-day notice from the Federal government when emergency allotments will end. (The current public health emergency (PHE)  declaration goes through October 2022.) Colorado will be able to issue one additional month of emergency allotments after the end of the PHE. For example, if the PHE ends in July 2022, the last month of emergency allotments would be August 2022.
You should be receiving monthly notices which inform you of your current benefit level and how much additional benefits you will receive. You will continue to receive notices which will share this information with you. You can access your notices via the Colorado PEAK website and the MyCOBenefits app.
We know this change may have a significant impact on many SNAP families. A few tips for you are:
Visit to find the closest food pantry to you.
There are several ways to apply. After you have applied, we will contact you for a required interview.
By phone:
Accessing SNAP benefits
SNAP benefits are issued on an Electronic Benefits Transfer (EBT) card, previously known as the Colorado Quest Card. It looks like a bank card and can be used at any authorized store that has the EBT or Quest Card logo.
Once approved, benefits are deposited into the EBT account on the same day each month, even if it falls on a weekend or holiday. A personal identification number (PIN) is required to access benefits on the EBT account. The PIN is set by the cardholder and is what keeps the benefits safe. The EBT card does not have an expiration date.
To check your balance, you can call EBT Customer Service at 1-888-328-2656 (1-800-659-2656 TTY) or you can visit FIS ebtEdge to create an account.
Protecting your EBT Benefits
Are you traveling out of state with a Colorado EBT card? To ensure that Colorado EBT cardholders do not lose benefits due to card cloning, Colorado may block transactions in cities/states where fraud has taken place. Please visit Colorado EBT for more information about which cities/states are being blocked. If the city/state you are traveling to is blocked, please call 1-800-536-5298 before you leave. The Colorado EBT program can help unblock your card for use.
How can you protect yourself?
Did you know
You can now “freeze” your EBT card status to stop new purchases or PIN changes simply by logging into the ebtEDGE mobile app from your smartphone, or by logging into the Cardholder Portal.  A “Protect My Account” feature for EBT cardholders has also been implemented.  This will allow you to set up restrictions to protect your EBT benefits such as blocking out-of-state and/or internet transactions.
If you are concerned or believe your card may be at-risk, change your PIN immediately.  If you still have concerns, please call 1-888-328-2656 or visit your local county office to report your card stolen.

The SNAP program requires that eligibility be reviewed periodically. You will be mailed a packet to complete or you will be notified by PEAK that it is time for you to complete your redetermination through their site.
You must complete, sign, and return the redetermination to our office by the date listed on the paperwork. The redetermination can be completed in PEAK and verification can be uploaded into PEAK also.
You can return the redetermination by one of the following methods:
An interview may be required to be completed at redetermination. Verification of current income, employment termination, or other items may be required.
You will be mailed a notice or notified to check your PEAK account for the status of the redetermination once it has been completed.
There are several ways to report changes.
By phone:
By mail or in office:
If you have questions about your case, you can:
Click the link more information about the Colorado SNAP program.
WIC provides free nutritious foods and nutrition education to improve the health of participating families that include pregnant, breastfeeding and postpartum women, infants and children up to the age of 5 years.
If you are receiving Food Assistance (SNAP) in Douglas County, you may be eligible for the Employment First program, which promotes self-sufficiency and independence by providing skills training, work experience and job search support.

This program may help you in finding a job, getting career training, on-the-job-training or new skills to enhance your employability. Participants get access to intensive job search services, tuition assistance, community resources and additional services like transportation, books, supplies and interview/work clothing.

Many community partners, non-profits, and faith-based organizations provide food banks and other services for individuals in need.
In accordance with federal civil rights laws and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex (including gender identity and sexual orientation), religious creed, disability, age, political beliefs, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA. Programs that receive federal financial assistance from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), such as Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF), and programs HHS directly operates are also prohibited from discrimination under federal civil rights laws and HHS regulations.
Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g., Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language), should contact the agency (state or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or who have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.
USDA provides federal financial assistance for many food security and hunger reduction programs such as the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), the Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations (FDPIR) and others. To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) (found online at: How to File a Complaint, and at any USDA office) or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:
For any other information regarding SNAP issues, persons should either contact the USDA SNAP hotline number at (800) 221-5689, which is also in Spanish, or call the state information/hotline numbers (click the link for a listing of hotline numbers by state); found online at: SNAP hotline.
This institution is an equal opportunity provider.
4400 Castleton Court
Castle Rock, CO 80109
General Info
Looking for
Connect with Douglas County
Copyright © 2022 Douglas County Government | Accessibility Options | Privacy Policy
Website Design and Development by Webolutions


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *